Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gluten Free Peach Blueberry Crumble

Mormons are notorious for their baked goods and comfort foods and the CALORIES that go into it. What can I say, mormon women know how to when a man's heart. The recipes are so good but I can't bring myself to ever put the whole amounts of butter and sugar that they require.

So I make up my own recipe that is 3/4 the amount of fat and calories and still has the yummy sounds coming out of my husbands mouth:]

Gluten Free Peach Blueberry Crumble

The Inside //

2 cups fresh blueberries
3 Peaches, sliced
4 Tbls Sugar
3 Tbls Tapioca
1/2 a squeezed lemon

Combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- The tapioca creates a thicker consistency that keeps it from getting soupy
- The Lemon creates a sweet and sour taste

Crumble //

1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 Tbls butter, cut into cubes
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Combine all the dry ingredients. Add the butter. Mix to crumbly consistency
- I use an avocado masher to mix it all together.

Bake at 375 for 40 minutes


- The original recipe called for a cup in a half of sugar in the crumble, 10 Tbls of butter (half cup),  1 cup of sugar in the berry mix












No comments:

Post a Comment