Wednesday, December 19, 2012

white elephant party favors...

It's nice to have a small lil something, something for your guests to take away from your party.

So. I wanted my lil something to be:

  • homemadeish
  • budget friendly
  • and...Something that was tied to the theme. a physical memory
brainstorm. here's what i came up with!
  • edible yummy 
  • ornament [christmas perfection]

Ornaments.

I wanted a white elephant. I looked for some. not hard. for I had that silly urge to make.
Make I did. I free handed an elephant on paper. cut him out. used him as a stencil. then I hand stitched 10 white elephants. I gave them a lil bling bling! and Presto Perfecto! 

[I'll reveal those next week!]

Edible Yummy: Toasted Vanilla Peppermint Macadamia Nuts

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Peppermint extract
1 tsp Vanilla Extract 
1 pkg. Macadamias [almonds would also work great]
1 tsp coconut oil
3-4 rosemary sprigs
3 TBLS butter

Mix

Sugar + peppermint + Vanilla

set aside

Stove top + Fry pan + medium heat
[I cook almost exclusively in my cast iron. It's amazing!][last min. christmas idea]

Melt butter + Rosemary

+Macadamias  

stir over heat. 
[toasting nuts is easy...if you keep an eye on them. don't be in a hurry]

+PV Sugar mix. 

Toast for about 15 minutes. stirring occasionally on LOW heat. 

Transfer to paper towel. There will be some sugar that has clustered and harden. Mix that in with the nuts for an extra sweet crunch. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment