Wednesday, May 4, 2016

BANANA BREAD GRANOLA ||

Hello all my fellow Banana lovers!

My girlfriend is a nutritionist and she gave me the idea and recipe for literally the yummiest and easiest granola! It's the perfect food. Eat it for breakfast, pack it as a snack, give it away as neighbor gifts (if you don't eat all of it first)

Here is the recipe:

Banana Bread Granola

2 Ripe Bananas
3 Cups Rolled oats ( I accidentally bought instant oats and it still turned out great)
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil

3 TBLS Raw Sugar (or regular) I usually do 2TBLS
1 TBLS Flax Seed
1 TBLS Chia Seed
1/2 TBLS Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Salt

Optional Ingredients
1/2 Cup Pecans
1/2 Cup Walnuts
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Rasins

Pre-Heat oven to 350

Mix all your ingredients together.

Spread mixture onto a cookie sheet thats lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 15-20 minutes

I usually check on the mixture after 10 minutes, depending on how moist the mixture was.

I don't really have great pictures of the granola because so many of you asked for the recipe and I wanted to hurry and deliver while stetson is sleeping.

I go to the bulk section at my local grocer to get all my chia seeds and flax seeds. It's cheaper and will last you so much longer than the absurd costs and amounts of prepackaged seeds. I store them in cute jars.

I hope you all enjoy this granola as much as my family does. Our household is currently in save every penny mode! My husband and I have big dreams and goals for the future and that requires cutting back on minor luxuries, like buying junky snack food. Oh, we are also on a major health food kick as well. This recipe is also fun to include your littles in the baking process just be prepared for some messes.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment