Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Stetson's Room

When I was planning Stetson's nursery. I wanted to do a fresh take on Urban Cowboy. I wanted to add color in a very fun, not in your face, way. We weren't allowed to paint the walls where we at, huge bummer. I would've had mountains and trees painted on them so fast. BUT it kept me from going over bored and keeping things light.

Hear's the bad news........I didn't take pictures. I didn't take before, afters, real life living pictures. I always said I was going to get around to it but I never did.

Good news: I have his room photographed now!



Since the move, certain items have been rearranged to fit in our home. Stetson lost his cowhide rug and huge black and white bull hanging over his crib. He doesn't seem to mind which is good because that bull looks GOOD in our living room.

Stetson's room was scary. And the last room to get some love. I painted every wall in our house with Benjamin Moore's "seashell". His ceiling is popcorn finished and was painted this awful dusty rose pink color. Now, if this was ours. It would've been the first thing to go, but it's not and so we just painted the ceiling white. My mom helped me with that hateful task...it sucked...but totally worth it in the end.


I had this mexican blanket and thought it would be the perfect way to add urban and color to his room. So my girlfriends mom made it into the crib bumper. It makes me happy everytime!


I found this little kids rocking chair at the flea market back when I even knew the sex of our baby. I still have the idea to recover it, but for now the yellow makes this reading corner so happy.


Stetson decided he wanted to style a pic too and brought me all his animals. 


The changing table is a dresser from Ikea. It's actually made the best changing station. Plenty of room to store all his butt paste and precious clothes. The changing pad cover is from Land of Nod. 


I found this old fire truck at a garage sale the other day. It was a dollar and worth every penny.


Rachel Cast is one of my favorite talented lady! And oh man, one day I will have an original from her, but until then, I'll DIY myself. The "Gosh darn you're handsome" is something I made while growing Stetson. I enjoyed every stitch knowing it would hang in his room for a longtime to come. 

Our rocking chair is, yet again, from the flea market. I wanted something mid century like and this chair has all the lines I wanted and more. I DO plan on recovering this chair. I just never could make up my mind. I'm thinking some sort of denim though. 


Reading corner! His favorite corner. Melts my heart walking in on him reading a book.


The shelves are from Ikea. They are so perfect. Clean, Modern, not to in your face but still transfer the room. A great way to display all his cute books. 

Again, space is super small in our home. Keeping his toys picked up is a battle that I loose at everyday. I just go with it now, but at night when he goes down I go pick up everything. Helps me sleep at night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment