Wednesday, December 12, 2012

sending invitations....

White Elephant Party:

invitations


I am a scrapbooker. first. and for most.  Paper is my absolute medium. 

Since Jollywood is my Christmas theme this year. It will also be the theme for our white elephant party!

I scouted out the paper months before, when I was working on our wedding album...

I love an unique invite. card. etc. It sets the tone. I typically always make but some really good places to find unique are your local shops. They tend to carry local artists work or a more curated collection as opposed to your typical shutterfly...not dinging shutterfly by any means. or you can contact me:] and I can really cater to your personal style!


Each invite has different layers of pattern but all have the cohesive sleeve! 


All envelopes were black with gold writing. Everything in gold writing. 

Presentation is EVERYTHING! to me. I stuff my invites so that the front is facing the back flap of the envelope. When the person pulls the invite out, it will be already facing them!


I am not one to like red. BUT. it's been popping up in my decorating and has really made an impact. Like this simple red bakers twine totally gave the invite a more holiday feel. 


White elephant tags

I sent the invites out last week on the Tuesday, December 4th. I believe received invites came that Friday, Dec. 7th or last monday, december 10th. Roughly a two in a half week notice for all our invited guests.  

We choose the Sunday, December 23rd because we want a more casual party setting. Make it more about the company and good eats! I so excited!

Last night, I started working on party favors and finished decorating the apartment. There is a ton of prep work I can and will be doing over the next two weeks. and I will be sharing! 





No comments:

Post a Comment