Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tasty Tuesday on a Wednesday //

REBEL!

I was so excited about my what would wj.crew do, that I forgo Tasty Tuesday for Wednesday

Today on the Menu // gf Zucchini Cakes

...These are not sweet cakes but dinner cakes

ugh.... I dont even have good photos to share BUT these are so WORTH IT!

Zucchini Cakes

3 Zucchinis [shredded]
1/2 c. gluten free flour [I use gf bisquick! mix] 
3 TBLS egg whites
1 tsp Onion Powder
cracked black pepper
Sprinkle of Sea Salt


To Prep // Zucchini contains a lot of water! Once you shred your zucchini, squeeze out any excess water. I squeeze it threw cheese cloth, but paper towels or strainers work too.

Bowl

Zucchini + Sea Salt + gf Flour

Mix

+ Onion Powder + Pepper + Egg Whites

Mix 

Skillet // Medium - Low Heat

Form patties with your hands into the skillet

Cook 4 min on each side

BOOM! Done!

This is a recipe I made up myself. I looked at several different recipes for zucchini cakes. This is what I came up with and then I did some math to figure out the nutritional value:] 

Calories: 77
Fat: 0.6%
Carb: 15g
Protein: 3g




I hope you enjoy them! Salsa is good on them or I love them plain personally.



No comments:

Post a Comment